Sunday, April 1, 2012

Birthdays

As my birthday swiftly approaches and I irrationally freak out about getting old and not wanting to grow up, I realize that I am just as excited to move on to being in the front of the classroom instead of sitting in it. Every time we talk about different activities that you can do with students or hear a funny story from someone who has already been there I just can't wait to have my own class full of students and my own stories to tell. Even though it took me a little longer than I planned, I am so thankful that I chose to be an English Education major. I truly don't think there is anything out there that I would enjoy more than teaching a classroom full of students about a subject that I have always loved. So as I dread getting older and realizing that I'm not a kid anymore, I also can't help but wish that graduation would hurry up so I can finally get out there and start teaching.

2 comments:

  1. Suzanne,

    I love your enthusiasm! Seriously....I think that when a teacher is enthusiastic it makes a huge difference. I'm so happy that we are all providing you with new and unique ways to teach the subject you love. I hope you are able to somehow file all these approaches, lessons and ideas so that when you need them you will be able to find them.

    Your students will be so lucky to have you! Aren't you in field in the fall? You will truly enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I've always felt the best teachers are those who truly love what they do. And yes I'm in field this fall so you get another whole semester with me in your class! I can't wait to start =)

    ReplyDelete